You’ll thank me for this Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers recipe, I swear you will because it’s hard to make stuffed peppers without rice. Or is it?
I think many would say that the best part of any steak sub is the steak smothered in hot, melted cheese. Who needs the bread anyway? And I’m not gonna gross it up with cauliflower rice either. A craving for the real thing, deserves the real thing! Minus the bread!
I love meals that can be prepared in advance, and these Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers are a perfect dish to make ahead to portion out for low-carb lunches or a quick dinner. If you enjoy the meat and only nibble on the pepper, these Keto Philly Cheesesteaks are just 1 net carb each!
Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 15 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Facts: 1g Net Carbs| 399 Calories | 32g Fat | 3g Carbs | 20g Protein | 2g Fiber
*Note: If you decide to eat the whole green pepper shell, be sure to factor in the 4g extra net carbs per green pepper. These figures are for the filling only.
- 4 green peppers
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup green peppers (comes from the top of the peppers you’ll cut off)
- 1 lb shaved beef steak
- Montreal steak seasoning (or add your own salt/pepper seasoning)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 7 slices of pepper jack cheese
- Cut the tops off the green peppers and put them in the oven at 400 degrees F.
- Add onions, green peppers (chopped from the tops of the green peppers you just cut), garlic and butter to a frying pan on medium. Cook until they’re soft.
- Add shaved steak to the pan and shake some Montreal steak (or other seasonings) on top. Cook all the way through, chopping up with your spatula as you go.
- Take the green peppers out of the oven when they’re soft, but not too soft to stuff. There should be some juice in the bottom, don’t dump it!
- Add a slice of cheese to the cooked steak in the frying pan, and mix until melted. Turn burner off and take the pan off the burner.
- Rip two slices of cheese in half and add a half to the bottom of each green pepper.
- Add two tablespoons (could use less, this just makes it less dry) of mayonnaise to the steak and mix.
- Spoon the meat into the green pepper shells.
- Add a piece of cheese to the top of all the stuffed peppers.
- Put back in the oven on broil for about five minutes or until the cheese is melted to your liking.
If you enjoyed my Keto Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers, be sure to check out my post 15 Low Carb and Keto Sandwiches.